Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What a Wednesday

Nothing like plastering a smile onto your face when you feel like screaming!  That is what I have to do in therapy.  Push through the pain and go, go, go!  I think I am making good progress, but there is still so much work ahead of me.  I am feeling very overwhelmed by it today.  I think about the progress I have made and I am pleased.  I feel good about it.  Then I think of what I have yet to accomplish, and it scares me!  Just the thought of riding a bike makes me want to crawl under a rock!!!  What a crazy concept.  It is so wild to me that I can think to myself, "lift right foot" and I can't do it.  I can try so hard to do it, and I can feel my muscles contracting and I still can't do it.  Not having the ability to control my muscles is not only a new experience, but it is quite unpleasant!  Let me tell you, I will never take any of my normal, every day actions for granted again.

In other news, I am feeling relatively happy.  Given the things that have recently come to my attention, I think I am doing a great job handling it.  I don't know what is true or not anymore and my level of trust for people has decreased significantly.  This saddens me, but all I can do is move past it.

I am going to go shopping in the next week or so and look for something that I can hang on the balcony to plant some flowers.  I need to spice up the porch.  It has been plain, empty and boring for over a year.  Time to change it up!!!  Plus, looking out the door and seeing beautiful flowers can't help but cheer a person up!  :-)

Well, my lunch time is just about over, so I had better finish this up!  If anyone has any good ideas or tips for hanging flower baskets, please share!!!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I am not sure what is going on but I am sorry to hear it!

Those planters that are long and hang over balcony rails are nice. Are you looking for something like that? I bet it would look nice!