Monday, April 19, 2010

Oh boy

I really wish I could have taken another week off of work.  I underestimated the stress I would put on my knee driving and walking around at work.  While I am trying my best to limit my activity, it is inevitable that I have to get up and stand at my lab bench.  It also does not help that I can't elevate my knee, at least not in a comfortable position.  This means that it is a constant ache, and it is really not pleasant.  I can hardly wait to go home and elevate my leg and sit with a huge bag of peas.  I have never looked forward to sitting on the couch so much!  This is going to make for a long week, that is certain!

In other news, I had my follow up appointment from my surgery this morning.  The doctor said everything is looking good and just working on my range of motion is important right now.  I am motivated to keep improving my range of motion, even though some of the exercises hurt so bad.  It is so imperative that I not get lazy about it.  Also, I am glad to be able to drive again, but I have to limit myself.  I can drive, up to a point.  Once I hit that limit it gets painful and uncomfortable.  Once I start feeling pain, it is tough to get rid of it.  It lingers around and makes me feel pretty crummy.

I can't wait to be able to go home again.  I look forward to the next five or six weeks being over with!  I will finally be feeling better, won't have to wear a brace and can walk normally.  Once three months pass, I can start riding a bike again get in the habit of working out and going for walks.  I can't wait to be all better and go to baseball games, have fun on the weekends and see my friends again!

No comments: