Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Missouri!

I flew down to St. Louis on Sunday afternoon to attend a short course at the Missouri University of Science and Technology.  The flight was ok, I am not a big fan of flying though!  I picked up my awesome rental car, a 2010 Chevy Impala, and drove to Rolla.  The car is great!  If I had enough money, that would be the new car I would choose.  It rides great and is totally comfortable!  Anyhow, Rolla is a pretty small city, but the surrounding landscape is great!  Not to mention the weather.  I managed to avoid the rain Sunday afternoon and it has been sunny and warm every day!

The class I am taking is titled "Basic Composition of Coatings".  Sounds completely thrilling, doesn't it?  I was under the assumption that this class would cover many types of coatings, however it seems to mainly be focused on paints.  Where I work, we do not make paints so it is difficult to interpret the information to make it apply to my job. 

It is pretty tough to sleep here though.  I am tending to wake up every hour at night.  Yikes!  I can't wait to go home and sleep in my own bed again!!

Just over one week until my surgery.  I have been feeling more and more stressed out about it, but I am really trying to relax as much as possible!  I am very much looking forward to it being over with!  I only hope that the rehab for it is not too bad and that I can get around all right.

Time for me to hit the hay though.  Another full day of class awaits me tomorrow!

No comments: