Sunday, March 7, 2010

What A Beautiful Weekend!

This weekend was just gorgeous!  I couldn't have asked for better in March!  :-)
On Friday night, I got to just spend time with my parents.  It was pretty good, minus the occasional unneccesary remark.  But I guess it should come as no surprise!!!

Saturday I got to spend time with my Grandma.  It was great!  She needed a new microwave, so I took her shopping.  She just turned 85 this past Tuesday and she is still a firecracker!  Although her memory may not be the sharpest anymore, her stories are always wonderful.  Saturday night I spent time with my sister Amy and her boyfriend Timm.  They wanted to go bowling, but I unfortunately can't bowl right now.  Just a bad idea so I just watched.  We went to a couple of bars after thery finished bowling and had a few drinks.

My crazy sister Amy!


Sunday morning brought a new, beautiful day.  The forecasted rain stayed south, making for a sunny day.  I went to church with my Grandma and she was just thrilled!  When I got home, my brother-in-law brought over my nephew Jonathan.  He is gwoing up so fast!  He can sit up all by himself.  I only saw him a few weeks ago and he couldn't!


He is just growing up so fast I can barely believe it!

The only downside of seeing my nephew at my parents' house is that my dad can't bear to let anyone else have time with him!  He is such a proud Grandpa that he can't get enough of the little man!  Ah well, I guess it is something I will understand when I have that experience!

And finally, here is the King of the Castle.  Dakota kitty!  He is the rule of the roost!  My parents took him in as a stray many years ago during a vacation to Rapid City, South Dakota.  He's my baby!!!!


This picture is him claiming a bucket used for foot soaks.  My mom had a pampering party.  The consultant was filling the buckets to soak our feet and he claimed the bucket as his own.  This is typical Kota!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

A post with pictures, yay!

Sounds like you had a good weekend!

Amy Meifert said...

hahahaha... love the pic of kota...and where did you take that crazy pic of me? was that on your phone?

jen12685 said...

I took that picture when we were at Shenanigans for Carrie's birthday.