Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Nearly Three Years...

Wow.  I can hardly believe nearly three years has gone by since I have written anything.
My my how times change.  One thing hasn't, this doesn't get read by anyone, so it doesn't really matter too much.

Since my last blog in 2012...

I have created new lasting friendships, had and lost relationships and got a new job!  That job has led me to my new home in Ohio.  I honestly never thought I would relocate for a job, having chickened out before.  I suppose last time it just wasn't right and deep down I knew it.  I had a constant thought of 'how can I do this?'  In October of 2013, when this opportunity came knocking, my thought was the exact opposite, 'how can I not do this?'

I will not lie, my first six months or so here were very difficult to handle.  It was lonely outside of work and I really did not have a strong desire to socialize. I was worried I would end up hating my job or my boss hating the work I did and then what...

Today could not be any farther from that.  I am truly blessed to have a great job, to have met some wonderful people, and to have fun hobbies to fill my time and give me something to enjoy. I never considered myself a very crafty/artistic person. Heck I make ugly stick people!  But the ceramics class I have been attending opened up a whole new world of artsy-ness!

I admit, I think about home all the time.  I miss my family and few close friends like you wouldn't believe.  It makes me sad to feel like We may be drifting apart, but then I stop and think.  I know in my heart that will never happen with those people.

My parents have come to visit a couple times and we have gone to cedar point, which was a great time. My sister came to visit before she moved to Tampa.  I can't wait to go visit her :-).

Life is not without roadbumps... Of the great friends I have made, I've had to say goodbye too... Losing such a wonderful person at such a young age. Heartbreaking.  Wishing I could have helped her, wishing she would have called me back that weekend.  A poor young soul, utterly broken, seeing no way out.  I would never consider her a coward.  I just wish she wasn't broken inside. And I wish someone would not have broken her the way they did.  I have no doubt it played a role in what happened.  I think of her every day, wishing I could send a text or give a call just because.

Some of the hardest days I've had to deal with and not have my person there.  Everyone has a person.  A rock to lean on that is someone you can bear your soul to and they do the same.  I miss my person. My best friend in this entire world.  I don't know when I will see her next but I can't wait!

Hmm then there's my romantic life.  Mostly nonexistent, as usual.  Haven't seriously dated anyone since, well, 2008....?  And that one went oh so well.  Crap that's a long time. Sad me haha. I need to find a good, decent, honest man that wants to be in my life on a regular basis. This sporadic seeing someone is driving me crazy.

Life goes on.  Overall it is basically the same as it was before I moved, just with a different cast of people.  Is it better, I'd love to believe so.  Only time will tell.  Maybe it already is, and it's just me who needs to catch up.

No comments: