Monday, January 25, 2010

As the days get longer...

As the work days get longer, everything else gets put to the wayside.  It is somewhat frustrating to feel like things are undair when people leave work early all the time and I sit here for 3-4 extra hours a day.  I know it's all part of the job, and the way it works... but it gets lonely and boring.  I don't particularly enjoy sitting here by myself into the evening.  Ah... that's why they pay me the "big bucks" right? 

On a not much lighter note, I go to see an Orthopaedic doctor tomorrow afternoon.  I fell onto my knee just over 6 weeks ago, and it has been causing pain/discomfort with slight swelling ever since.  I had an MRI about a week and a half ago which showed a partially torn patellar tendon.  That explains the difficulty standing, pain when on my knee for more than 10-15 minutes, and constant pain.  Well anyhow, I have to see the Orthopaedic doctor to determine if I need surgery or what kind of things I can do to allow it to somewhat heal.  The odds of it healing completely on its own are very low though, due to it being a tendon (versus a muscle that has constant blood flow).  I am hoping surgery is not necessary.  It is a major surgery that could put me out for several weeks to months.  That would mean, no walking anywhere, no work for a few weeks, no driving, no anything :-(.  I guess we'll have to see...

No comments: